In Frankfurt we were able go to the Stock Exchange as well as the European Central Bank. I was really interested in both presentations, except that the woman at ECB got a little long-winded about communications for my taste. This trip has been absolutely awesome in terms of education for me. I have learned more about the Euro than I ever could have dreamed and I am loving it! (the education… not necessarily the euro idea.) The interesting picture in the middle kind of amused me when we saw it coming out of the Euro bank. (By the way, the quality of the photo is due to the fact that I didn’t want to upset the protesters, sorry it’s not better!) The reason I’m amused about the Frankfurt occupiers is because the unemployment rate in Germany right now is at a crazy low of around 5%. That basically tells me that these particular individuals just don’t want to find jobs and would prefer the government do it all for them. Kinda ridiculous when other countries have almost 25% unemployment. Anyways, that’s just my opinion. Bottom-line, I am LOVING the topic of Economics.
Pretty much everyone that knows me is very aware of how much I love playing soccer. (Though I might not follow the teams and clubs that close!) Nothing really makes me happier than playing pick up soccer. The tour of the Frankfurt Stadium was one of the coolest touristy things we did! We got to see every part of the stadium and it was kind of like a dream to go down to the actually field! The girl in the first pic with me is Britta and we both really love soccer. The second and third are examples of how carefully the grass is taken care of. On the left they are going through to every single yellow spot on the field and replacing it with a green patch. On the right, they are using artificial lighting to help the grass grow better than it has naturally. Soccer really is that important in Europe! :o)
The next photo is the view of the Frankfurt skyline from the top of the stadium, with the practice fields in the foreground. (Beautiful!) Then we went to see the boxes that they have, which are SO pretty! And the seats are pretty much the best that you could ever hope or dream to have. The picture is of most of my group at the stadium. The last picture is me just loving the experience! Man, if only I could have played at that level! THEN life would be complete!
Step one – Walk on the field in a professional soccer stadium - CHECK. Step two – Watch a game in a stadium like this. Impossible step three – Play in a stadium like this. Step four – Die Happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment