Even though this post will be a tad shorter than the others, it definitely deserves a post all its own. The Sunday we were in Prague, Greg, Ryan and I left the hotel at 6:30 to go see the sunrise at the St. Charles Bridge before church. Even though I woke up right at 6:30 and had to rush like made to get ready, it was totally worth it! The story of this bridge is that St. Charles opposed the King and the religious laws that he had been creating. Because of his open opposition, Charles was shackled and thrown from this bridge. Now, of course it is named after him.
The whole river was super foggy that morning which made the bridge super eerie, but also beautiful. Along the banks of the river the fall colors were also gorgeous with deep reds and bright yellows. It totally reminded me of New England in the fall. (Which I miss terribly!)
I was super confused by this lock chain found on several bridges in Europe and at the time of the photo I just thought it was really cool looking. Since then I have found out that it is either a European tradition or it has to do with a legend about love. Apparently if a couple goes to a bridge and attached a lock together, their love is supposed to last forever. There are bridges all over with these locks and it’s really kinda fun to see.
When we got there, we saw all of these photographers setting up their cameras and tri-pods for something major and we didn’t really understand it. Then, moments later the sun came up… and man oh man did it come up in style!
Prague, you really are a beauty.
No comments:
Post a Comment