Sunday, September 23, 2012

Simply Gone…. Almost

       I’m sitting here in my brother’s house realizing that I’m really leaving for Europe tomorrow! It’s crazy how time flies. Just 4 months ago I applied for this trip in a half-hearted hope that I would be accepted and actually go. Since then so much has happened and now, after a crazy summer of saving and effort, I’m leaving for Europe tomorrow!

       The group consists of about 25-35 students from the Business and Communications major at BYU-Idaho. There are 2 professors (husband and wife) that will be traveling with us the entire time and 3 other professors that will be accompanying us in limited amounts of time. (One will be there for our entire time in Hungary, another for our time in Czech Republic, etc.) The countries that we will be visiting are: Hungary, Czech Republic, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, France and Spain. In exception to Austria and France, we will be staying about 2-4 days in each country. Austria and France will be day trips as we’re traveling to other countries.

        I’m taking three classes that I’m really excited about: International Economics, International Studies (Special topics specific to the trip) and International Religions (also specific to the trip). So far, all of the homework assignments have been really interesting and I am learning a ton. This semester will definitely not be easy, but I am going to thoroughly enjoy it!

        Now for the fun part! Right before I leave for Europe, I got the prettiest thing ever!

WP_000149                   WP_000150

 

                         My man most certainly delivered. He picked this beauty out all by himself, no help from his sisters or anything. I’m crazy in love with it and I’m super glad he picked something so pretty! Our wedding is on December 28th and plans are going great so far. We’re crazy excited and really just want it to get here fast!

             That’s it for now. The real adventure starts tomorrow at the SLC airport at 9am. Goodbye US, family and fiancé for a whole month. Hello, excitement, adventure and Budapest.

2 comments:

  1. Goodbye! And have a wonderful time. And learn a lot! We'll miss you, but love you lots.
    We'll let you know when your nephew arrives.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun and work hard. Thanks for setting up this blog so we can keep track of you. Dad

    ReplyDelete